Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf for your bread machine. Has a nice cheesy flavor with a mild herbal touch.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place ingredients in your machine in the order suggested by your manufacturer.
- Select light or sweet setting, if able.
- Operate machine and enjoy your loaf!
I totally forgot to add comments to my review, so here they are. I made this to go with the baked potatoe soup that I made for lunch on Saturday. It was easy to prepare. The only thing that I will do differently next time is add more cheese. It was too herby and not cheesy enough for my tastes. Definetly a keeper though.
I don't like fennel so I sub'd Rosemary. I also cut back on the yeast a tad since I live at a high altitude. The bread smells really good while baking and the finished product is well-worth the agony of waiting for it to bake!
This bread is wonderful! I made it today, adding extra grated asiago in the bread as well as stopping it later on (my machine has a pause feature) and adding cubed asiago (dusted in flour) before the last rise. It has great texture and the melted chunks of cheese gave it great taste. Definately a family favorite!