1/1 Photo of Asiago Drop Biscuits
Abby Girl's Note:
Delicious drop biscuits that are great for brunch or dinner. Leftovers can be diced and baked as crutons. The whole wheat flour gives it a nice texture. I got this recipe from one of my favorite Canadian author/teacher, Bonnie Stern.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Stir together well.
- 2Cut butter or margarine into flour mixture. Stir in grated cheese.
- 3Pour buttermilk over flour mixture and stir until a rough batter is formed.
- 4Drop batter in 16 mounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 5Variation: Cheddar cheese or smoked mozzarella cheese can be used instead of the Asiago.
- 6Herbed Asiago Biscuits: to the flour mixture, add 21 T chopped fresh herbs (eg: rosemary, thyme or sage) or 1 tsp spices (eg: pepper or crushed cumin, caraway or fennel seed).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asiago Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: