Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this sauce over fried ravioli!
Make and share this Asiago Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 ounce butter
- In a saucepan melt 2 ounces butter.
- Add onions and chopped garlic.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the chicken broth, let thicken and add the cream and reduce for 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Whisk in white wine and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and whisk in the other 1 ounce of butter and asiago cheese.
- Cool in refrigerator.
This is one of my families favorite recipes! I increased the cayanne to 1/2 tsp (we like it spicy), added more cheese, and also cooked 1/4 yellow or red pepper with the onions. We serve it over fettuccine for a spicy pasta dish. We also like adding chicken, shrimp and andouille sausage for more of a Cajun dish. Absolutely delicious!
I cut the amount down and added a little more cheese and used this as a topping for grilled steaks! A mazing!
Thanks for sharing.
I have been making this recipe for over a year now, and I love it! Thanks Mommy X 2