Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this sauce over fried ravioli!
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 ounce butter
- In a saucepan melt 2 ounces butter.
- Add onions and chopped garlic.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the chicken broth, let thicken and add the cream and reduce for 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Whisk in white wine and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and whisk in the other 1 ounce of butter and asiago cheese.
- Cool in refrigerator.
Very good sauce! Made it for Valentine's Day dinner and we really liked it. We like ours extra cheesy so I added a bit more Asiago cheese and some crumbled bacon. Served it with my Jacked Up shrimp and we were happy campers! Thanks for sharing!
This is one of my families favorite recipes! I increased the cayanne to 1/2 tsp (we like it spicy), added more cheese, and also cooked 1/4 yellow or red pepper with the onions. We serve it over fettuccine for a spicy pasta dish. We also like adding chicken, shrimp and andouille sausage for more of a Cajun dish. Absolutely delicious!
I cut the amount down and added a little more cheese and used this as a topping for grilled steaks! A mazing!
Thanks for sharing.