Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A mouth watering main dish salad from our local paper. To go lower in carbs, omit the carrot and substitute finely diced celery.
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled,thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese, divided
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed,dried and chopped
- additional basil leaves (to garnish)
- In a non-metal bowl, combine sliced grilled chicken, 1/2 cup asiago cheese, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, and basil strips.
- Mix and combine with Italian dressing.
- Cover and put in fridge to marinate at least 4 hours.
- Place salad mixture on a bed of chopped romaine, garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle with remaining asiago cheese.