Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com. Let me just say... YUM! This recipe is soooooo good. I never thought chicken would be good in a quiche, but it really works in this recipe. It's a very savory recipe. It is good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 pie crust, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked, about 4 slices
- 1 cup chicken, pre-cooked & chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups asiago cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll pie crust and press firmly against bottom and side of 9-inch regular or 9 1/2-inch deep glass pie plate; flute edge as desired. Prick bottom of crust several times with fork. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Reduce heat. Stir in bacon, chicken and spinach; toss to combine. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Stir sour cream, salt, garlic powder and pepper into spinach mixture until well blended. Stir in cheeses.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and whipping cream with fork or wire whisk until well blended. Gently fold into spinach mixture until well blended. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cover crust edge with strips of foil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until center is set and edge of crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
I made this quiche as well as four other different quiches for a ladies luncheon. This was the big winner! It was absolutely delicious. I am still getting emails from ladies requesting this recipe! Thanks you,Cyndi! You made me look good!
Very, very delicious. It was quick to put together and a good way to use chicken leftovers. Will make again. Thank You!!