- 5 slices thinly sliced sandwich bread
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated finely
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place rack in upper third position of oven.
- Cut 1 3/4" rounds from each bread slice & bake 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Mix cheese, onion, mayo, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper. Place a small amount on each toasted bread round.
- Bake 5-8 minutes more until cheese topping is puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.