1/4 Photos of Asiago Cheese Bread, Excellent
3 hrs 20 mins
No fear...it's not as much work as it may seem. Lots of passive cooking time here. Great for hors-d'oeuvres with a little cheese spread, pate' or what-have-you! Terrific as bruschetta. This just may be the most-liked bread I make. A pre-shredded 3-cheese combination is also very good. I have no clue as to the provenance of this recipe, been making it for a while.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and pepper. Melt butter in milk to 120-130 degrees. Stir milk mixture into flour mix until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- 2Gradually stir in about 2 cups flour to make soft dough. Knead in mixer or by hand until smooth and elastic, adding flour if needed.
- 3Oil large bowl, add dough, turn to coat. Cover with clean damp towel and let double. (It may take 2-1/2 hours, must be the cheese.).
- 4Punch down, form into 2 long thin loaves. Spray baking sheet, (sprinkled with cornmeal?) Or use baguette pans. Place loaves on pan, let raise, covered, until doubled (45 min.) Preheat oven to 375.
- 5Slash dough with serrated knife. Brush with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. (basil, parsley, opt.) Bake 30-35 minutes till done. Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asiago Cheese Bread, Excellent
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1108.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 1962.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: