Recipe by Pinay0618
Recipe is from Fleischmann's breadworld.com. Proofing time is included in prep time.
Top Review by Lou
We loved this bread. We tried it warm, and cold. We like it much better cold.We tried it for both dinner, and breakfast. (Warm for D, and cold for B) It would make a great egg sandwich for breakfast. I am gona have to come up with a healthier version tho. I used regular bacon, but next time I am using the lower fat, and maybe lower fat cheese. I recommend it as a rare treat. We had it with Potato soup for dinner, and with an orange for breakfast. Gotta love it!!
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Fleischmann's active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 10 -12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon spice islands chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk, water and butter until warm (100° to 110°F). Pour into large mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir and let rest for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add to liquid mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Combine cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese, bacon and chives in a bowl. Reserve one third, stir remaining cheese mixture into batter. Pour into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over bread. Return to oven and bake additional 5 to 10 minutes until well browned and bread is done. Cut into slices and serve warm. Refrigerate leftover bread.