Recipe is from Fleischmann's breadworld.com. Proofing time is included in prep time.
Make and share this Asiago Bacon Breakfast Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Fleischmann's active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 10 -12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon spice islands chives
- Heat milk, water and butter until warm (100° to 110°F). Pour into large mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir and let rest for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add to liquid mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Combine cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese, bacon and chives in a bowl. Reserve one third, stir remaining cheese mixture into batter. Pour into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over bread. Return to oven and bake additional 5 to 10 minutes until well browned and bread is done. Cut into slices and serve warm. Refrigerate leftover bread.