Here is a recipe that I came up with when wanting a bacon and cheese type bread but not wanting to use bacon. I always make buns but you could, of course, make a standard loaf of bread with it if you like. I always use the bread machine for the kneading then form and bake in the oven.
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 7.39 ml Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml white flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml vital wheat gluten
- 7.39 ml fast rising yeast
- 118.29 ml shredded asiago cheese
- 14.79 ml Bacos bacon bits (vegetarian bacon flavored bits, may use to to 3 tbsp if wanted)
- Add the first eight ingredients in the order listed.
- Program bread machine to "Dough" and start it.
- At the machines signal for additions put the cheese and Baco's inches.
- Let it continue working until the end of the first rise when the machine will stop.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured board and cut it into 6 equal pieces for large sandwich buns and more smaller pieces for smaller or dinner sized buns (or shape and place in a greased 9x5 loaf pan if desired and continue as with buns) .
- Place the buns on a cookie sheet and allow to rise in a warm, draft free, place till doubled.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 mins or till they are a golden brown and have a holloe sound when tapped.