Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Here is a recipe that I came up with when wanting a bacon and cheese type bread but not wanting to use bacon. I always make buns but you could, of course, make a standard loaf of bread with it if you like. I always use the bread machine for the kneading then form and bake in the oven.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon Bacos bacon bits (vegetarian bacon flavored bits, may use to to 3 tbsp if wanted)
- Add the first eight ingredients in the order listed.
- Program bread machine to "Dough" and start it.
- At the machines signal for additions put the cheese and Baco's inches.
- Let it continue working until the end of the first rise when the machine will stop.
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured board and cut it into 6 equal pieces for large sandwich buns and more smaller pieces for smaller or dinner sized buns (or shape and place in a greased 9x5 loaf pan if desired and continue as with buns) .
- Place the buns on a cookie sheet and allow to rise in a warm, draft free, place till doubled.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 mins or till they are a golden brown and have a holloe sound when tapped.
i made bread ,and 30 minutes was long enough for a loaf of bread to bake. it had good crumb .sliced nice. was a pretty bread thank you very creative