Recipe by nochlo
Typical potatoes you'll find at a restaurant.
Top Review by rosie316
What is not to love about classic potato skins?! I made these twice now... yesterday for hubby and I to munch on during football, and again today for lunch. This is how I normally make potato skins, except your way bumps the flavor way up. I never thought of brushing the skins with garlic butter. Genius! I brushed the insides and outsides. Yummy! I served these with sour cream and chives. Definitely making them this way from now on. Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 8 russet potatoes
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake 8 russet potatoes in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Pull out, slice in half, and cool 5-10 minutes.
- Remove about 2/3 of the flesh of each potato half.
- Microwave the butter and garlic powder for 30 seconds until the butter is melted.
- Rub the potatoes with butter mixture, then add cheese, and top with the bacon.
- Bake another 15 minutes or so until cheese is melted in a 400 degree oven.
- Optional- Top with sour cream and green onions.