Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Typical potatoes you'll find at a restaurant.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 8 russet potatoes
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bake 8 russet potatoes in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Pull out, slice in half, and cool 5-10 minutes.
- Remove about 2/3 of the flesh of each potato half.
- Microwave the butter and garlic powder for 30 seconds until the butter is melted.
- Rub the potatoes with butter mixture, then add cheese, and top with the bacon.
- Bake another 15 minutes or so until cheese is melted in a 400 degree oven.
- Optional- Top with sour cream and green onions.
What is not to love about classic potato skins?! I made these twice now... yesterday for hubby and I to munch on during football, and again today for lunch. This is how I normally make potato skins, except your way bumps the flavor way up. I never thought of brushing the skins with garlic butter. Genius! I brushed the insides and outsides. Yummy! I served these with sour cream and chives. Definitely making them this way from now on. Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)
10 stars declared DH! We used sweet potatoes because we had them on hand and these were perfect. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
Superb! Love the garlic butter and of course the cheese and bacon. Served with leftover sauce from Spicy Lime and Cilantro Turkey Pita Fajitas (Grilled). Perfect football food. Thank you for posting.