Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These is served traditionally at the Passover seder.
- 1 cup ground nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds or a mixture)
- 5 small apples, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons sweet red wine, more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Chop apples.
- Mix in all other ingredients and mix well.
- Should resemble mortar, but taste much better.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Very tasty. Easy to prepare. I spread this over Matzo bread and served it as a dip. I really love the tanginess, but the cinnamon was a bit too strong - I would use half as much next time.