Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy Mexican pork dish...yummy! Use good chili powder from a Hispanic grocery, or mix half American chili powder with half Indian chili powder
- 2 lbs pork roast, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -5 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a heavy pot.
- Add pork, salt and pepper, stirring until well browned and most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add flour, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Add water all at once.
- Add cumin and chili powder.
- Stir thoroughly until gravy is dark and velvety smooth.
- Add more chili powder to taste.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until pork is tender.
- Serve with rice and tortillas.