Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the Woman's Day magazine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 large tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded asadero cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chile, saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans. heat over low heat while mashing with a fork. Stir in cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon bean mixture over each tortilla chip. Arrange on baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over each nacho. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.