1/1 Photo of Asa Ransom House Brownie Mania
In 1799, the Holland Land Company offered lots 10 miles apart in what is now Clarence, New York, to "any proper man who would build and operate a tavern upon it". A young silversmith named Asa Ransom, had been plying his trade in the little fur trading post on the shores of Lake Erie. He was among the first to accept this opportunity and in the hollow of the ledge, near a pine grove, built a log home & tavern. In 1803, he built a grist mill, the first in Erie County. Over time, the business has evolved into a charming inn noted for it's authenticity, hospitality and cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and butter a 9 x 13" pan.
- 2Combine butter, sugar and eggs; beat well.
- 3Add cocoa, flour, baking powder and vanilla; mix well.
- 4Stir in pecans and chips.
- 5Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- 6Cool completely and cut into squares for serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asa Ransom House Brownie Mania
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g