Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kinda sinful. Adapted from Healthy Cooking by William-Sonoma.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (3)
- 2 cups buttermilk (use more if necessary to cover)
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 3 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs (I like to use panko for the crunch factor)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place a chicken breast between plastic wrap, and pound until about 1” thick. Using a boning knife, slice the breast in half lengthwise, leaving one long side together. Repeat with all chicken breasts. Place the chicken in a bowl, cover with buttermilk, and allow to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with a little EVOO over medium heat. Place breadcrumbs on a plate; set aside. Working with one chicken breast at a time, remove from the bowl and lay a piece of cheese and prosciutto in the middle of each one. Making sure the breast is still coated in buttermilk, dip it in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place the chicken in the hot pan.
- Once all of the breasts are golden brown on both sides, place the pan into the oven for 18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.