Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We had spent a long day in the big city and I wasn't really in the mood to make a full blown meal when we got home. Soup seemed to be the easiest way out of my dilemma along with a sandwich.
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I used Campbell's)
- 1 (500 g) package frozen vegetables (I used Green Giant Valley Selections, California Mix)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in medium sized pot.
- When boiling, add frozen vegetables and
- cook as per package directions.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn heat to a slow simmer.
- Add eggs in a slow stream to hot broth.
- moving contents of the pot with a fork.
- You should get a curdle type consistency.
- Serve with your choice of sandwich.
This is one of those lifesaving recipes you like to keep on hand. This was perfect for the end of a long foggy day / week. Made as written and add a little black pepper as a matter of personal taste. The chief pot scrubber said he like the lack of dirty dishes "lol" Thanks so much for the post.