Mousie Ann's Note:
My granny was an amazing cook, but like most great chefs she did not follow any written recipe. Unfortunately, I came into cooking long after her passing and when the hunger pang hit me one Sunday...I began searching far and wide for her macaronni and cheese out there. This is as close as I've come.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil elbow macaroni as directed on package. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter in saucepan.
- 4Blend flour, milk & cream. Cook stirring constantly until boil (2 to 3 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat and add papricka, pepper, and 2 C of grated sharp cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 6Stir in cooked elbow macaroni and salt to taste.
- 7Spoon final mixture into a small casserole dish.
- 8Garnish top with remaining grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- 9'Dot' top with additional butter. (I usually dot with another 2 tbl of butter).
- 10Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for As Close to Granny's Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.1
- Calories from Fat 471
- Total Fat 52.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.0 mg
- Sodium 521.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g