Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
http://freshtopia.net/vlog/?p=137 (Click here to watch it made.) Young coconuts aren't easy to open - my fiances opens are with a steak knife stabbed into the husk and shell all the way around - it takes him about 10 minutes to open it because we don't have a nice machete to open it.
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 large sliced white peach
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Poppy seed Dressing
- 1 cup young coconut meat or 1 cup soaked cashews, if coconut is not available
- 1⁄2 cup coconut water or 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white onions
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 dash sea salt
- Dressing: Blend all ingredients except the poppy seeds until smooth and emulsified.
- Add poppy seeds, blend very briefly to mix.
- Pour over salad.
- Put extra dressing into the fridge.