Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. “Arugula, also called roquette, is a delicate and spicy green usually tossed into mesclun, or young lettuce mix. You can substitute watercress for the arugula…”
Top Review by Elmotoo
Oh no! When I copied the recipe, I left out the eggs! I made this last week & my only comment was it needed a good dose of salt. It was a little bitter but the salt helped. Even THE PICKY ONE who 'hates' nuts, liked it! But I forgot the eggs! I guess I'll have to make it again, lol. Made for Pool Party Tag 5/10. I'm giving this 4 stars because it was good as made with the exceptions mentioned above. :~
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 Belgian endive, separated into leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine arugula, eggs, yogurt, mayonnaise, walnuts, mustard, garlic, lemon pepper, lemon juice and scallions.
- Puree until fairly smooth.
- On a serving platter, arrange endive leaves like flower petals around the edge of the plate.
- Mound pate in the center and use whole leaves as scoops.