Recipe by Grace Lynn
This recipe is from Mi Spia Ristorante in Atlanta, Georgia...a perfect summer salad with all my favorite ingredients!
Top Review by BakingGuru
This was an awesome salad. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the beautiful finished product. I didn't have parmesan but had everything else. I will be making this often. I think next time I will use less garlic. I love this so much. And the kids ate it as well.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved,seeded,diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in small bowl until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush corn with 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil corn until crisp-tender and golden brown in spots, turning frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Cool, cut corn kernels off cob and place in large bowl.
- Add arugula, quartered tomatoes and pecans to bowl with corn.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.