Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Mi Spia Ristorante in Atlanta, Georgia...a perfect summer salad with all my favorite ingredients!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved,seeded,diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Whisk 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in small bowl until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush corn with 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil corn until crisp-tender and golden brown in spots, turning frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Cool, cut corn kernels off cob and place in large bowl.
- Add arugula, quartered tomatoes and pecans to bowl with corn.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.
This was an awesome salad. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the beautiful finished product. I didn't have parmesan but had everything else. I will be making this often. I think next time I will use less garlic. I love this so much. And the kids ate it as well.
This was so good! I had to improvise a little. Didn't have Arugala, parmesean or pecans. Used a little romaine lettuce, feta cheese and some crushed walnuts instead. It was super yummy!
Great Idea for a summer salad/side dish. I grilled the corn and used all spinach instead of arugula (my SO can't stand arugula). It was excellent. Next time I may try lime juice as the acid instead of balsamic just to see what happens.