Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Arugula, shallots, and parmesan cheese - stuffed into mushroom caps. Quite a yummy combination.
- 16 large white mushrooms, with stems
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 cups baby arugula, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Clean mushrooms and then pull out stems leaving a whole where the filling will go. Mince the stems.
- Heal olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute mushroom stems and shallots for 2 minutes or until just soft. Add arugula and saute until the greens are wilted.
- Turn off heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Using a teaspoon, stuff mushroom caps with the filling.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.