Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing salad that will help you use up that crop of zuchs!
- 1 garlic clove
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Mash garlic with a pinch of salt into apaste.
- Put paste in small bowl and whisk in lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes and whisk in olive oil.
- Cut squash into very thin slices, put into a bowl and season with salt and pepper and and toss with 2/3 of the viniagrette. Combine arugula, chives, parsley and capers in a separte bowl, season with salt and pepper and add remaining viniagrette. Layer about a third of the squash in a shallow bowl, scatter about a third of the arugla mixture and sprinkle with a third of the parmesan.
- Repeat two-three times.
- Garnish with shaved parmigiano.
- Serve immediately.