Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great presentation! Salad is quick and easy to make, and great to eat! This was given to me by my best-friend, Judy this is one of her favorites.
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 bunches arugula, well rinsed, thick stems removed (About 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk honey and vinegar until combined. Whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and almonds to the dressing.
- Lightly toss.
- Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave the Manchego; add half to the bowl, and toss to combine.
- Divide among four serving or salad plates; top with remaining Manchego.
- Serve immediately.
I've made this twice already this week. My family totally digs it! The dressing was simple and delicious. All of the ingredients, except for the cheese was on hand. I hurried to the store to get the cheese and it was totally worth the trip!
Delicious Combination! I absolutely love arugula, first time to try $$$ manchego! Worth the $$$! I served the dressing on the side instead of tossing it all together.....didn't want to drench any leftovers!!! Made for Best of 2010 tag!
We love salads, we love arugula and we really love manchego! What a combination! Next time we'll test 'Murcia/drunken goat' for fun. Thanks for posting!