Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet. April 1990
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 10 cups leaves lettuce, rinsed
- 3 cups arugula, course stems discarded
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup julienne strips yellow bell pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and salt and black pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, the arugula, the carrot, and the bell pepper, drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss the salad until it is combined well.