Recipe by PaulaG
A friend of mine sent me this recipe. She got it out of a magazine but I'm not sure which one. It is a wonderful summer salad when fresh berries are in season. Enjoy!
Top Review by Julie F
Nice, fresh and unique salad. This was the fist time I have had a salad that was all arugula. It was a little overpowering for me, but I will assume that others enjoy that peppery flavor when rating this recipe. I loved the dressing! What a great, healthy way to dress up a salad! It was delicious! I didn't have white balsamic vinegar so used regular balsamic vinegar and it worked fine. I am asssuming that it might just change the color of the dressing a bit. I wasn't as crazy about the salad mixture, but I think that is personal preference. I might omit the jicama and replace half the arugula with romaine or red leaf lettuce. As I said before, the arugula flavor was a bit much for me. I used raspberries as my additional fruit. We had picked up some arugula at the farmers market and wanted to try it out. I am glad we chose this recipe and will definitely try it again!
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled, sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- 4 ounces log goat cheese
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 3⁄4 cup blackberries or 3⁄4 cup blueberries or 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, cut into match stick strips
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing: Combine 3/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the nuts on a piece of waxed paper and roll the goat cheese in the nuts until well coated, slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup strawberries and arugula in a serving dish, top with other berries and jicama.
- Drizzle berry dressing over all and mix to combine; evenly divide mixture onto 4 salad plates and top with slices of cheese.
- Serve additional dressing on the side.