A friend of mine sent me this recipe. She got it out of a magazine but I'm not sure which one. It is a wonderful summer salad when fresh berries are in season. Enjoy!
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled, sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- 4 ounces log goat cheese
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 3⁄4 cup blackberries or 3⁄4 cup blueberries or 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, cut into match stick strips
- For the dressing: Combine 3/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the nuts on a piece of waxed paper and roll the goat cheese in the nuts until well coated, slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup strawberries and arugula in a serving dish, top with other berries and jicama.
- Drizzle berry dressing over all and mix to combine; evenly divide mixture onto 4 salad plates and top with slices of cheese.
- Serve additional dressing on the side.