Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From RealSimple.com (October 2006) --
Make and share this Arugula Salad With Bacon, Dates, Almonds and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices bacon (Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings)
- 8 cups arugula (or substitute mixed greens)
- 8 dates (such as Medjool, pitted and sliced lengthwise)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond (1 ounce, roughly chopped)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup, cut into small pieces or slivers)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, dates, almonds, and Parmesan; set aside.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the warm drippings into a small bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and oil; whisk until combined.
- Drizzle the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Divide among plates and top with crumbled bacon.
I can't say enough great things about this salad. It tasted like it came from a five-star restaurant, yet was easy enough to have done in a matter of minutes. I paired it with bacon-wrapped steaks that I had gotten from Costco, and it was the perfect meal. Even Mr. Finicky gave it a perfect score!
Wonderful salad! So happy with the sweetness of the figs and the tartness of the dressing. I mixed arugula and baby spinach, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!!