1/1 Photo of Arugula Salad With Bacon, Dates, Almonds and Parmesan
From RealSimple.com (October 2006) --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices bacon (Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings)
- 8 cups arugula (or substitute mixed greens)
- 8 dates (such as Medjool, pitted and sliced lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup toasted almond (1 ounce, roughly chopped)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup, cut into small pieces or slivers)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, dates, almonds, and Parmesan; set aside.
- 3Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 4Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the warm drippings into a small bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and oil; whisk until combined.
- 5Drizzle the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- 6Divide among plates and top with crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula Salad With Bacon, Dates, Almonds and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g