Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really enjoy arugula and apples. I got this recipe from “Pacific Passions Cookbook” by Karen Barnaby. You can substitute watercress or escarole for arugula if not available
- 2 bunch arugula, trimmed, washed and dried
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 8 slice bacon
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Place the arugula in a large bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well; set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until just crisp.
- Add the apple slices and heat through.
- Pour immediately over the arugula and toss well.
- Divide among 4 heated plates and serve immediately.