Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really enjoy arugula and apples. I got this recipe from “Pacific Passions Cookbook” by Karen Barnaby. You can substitute watercress or escarole for arugula if not available
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Place the arugula in a large bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well; set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until just crisp.
- Add the apple slices and heat through.
- Pour immediately over the arugula and toss well.
- Divide among 4 heated plates and serve immediately.