Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. ..and as I do with most salads......throw in some grilled chicken for a main meal.
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh figs, quartered
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper; stir well with a whisk.
- Gently toss lettuce mixture with lemon juice mixture.
- Sprinkle with bleu cheese.
- Sometimes I just use field greens with this salad if I can't find the other .
- I have also added candied pecans, yellow raisins and dried cranberries which was also a hit.
Loved this! Fresh figs and blue cheese were meant to go together! Only change I made was to use all baby arugula. Fresh lemon with a dash of olive oil was just the right amount of dressing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I had to substitute dried figs and the salad was still a hit.