Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Garlic mashed potatoes with blue cheese and arugula. This is a nice intro to arugula which is bitter and the mixture with potatoes and cheese calms it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and garlic cook about 3-4 minutes the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- Remove to a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan heat milk add cheese to melt.
- Add potatoes and mix together.
- Toss in the wilted arugula.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Yum! I did this as a twice baked potato as another reviewer did. Excellent. It was the first time I ever had arugula in anything other than a salad and now I will use it more often. Thanks Rita!!
This has the best flavor. I served it with a garlic marinated pork loin and the flavors complemented each other.
This was pretty good. I used it as a twice baked potato. Followed the recipe and added baked potato then stuffed it back into the potato skin. Nice side dish with steak or chicken.