1/3 Photos of Arugula (Rocket) and Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Garlic mashed potatoes with blue cheese and arugula. This is a nice intro to arugula which is bitter and the mixture with potatoes and cheese calms it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and garlic cook about 3-4 minutes the pan.
- 2Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- 3Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- 4Remove to a dish and set aside.
- 5In the same pan heat milk add cheese to melt.
- 6Add potatoes and mix together.
- 7Toss in the wilted arugula.
- 8Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula (Rocket) and Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 1374.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: