Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious salad to serve any time Arugula is in season.
Make and share this Arugula, Red Onion and Orange Salad W/ Orange Curry Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a small sauce pan and reduce to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer reduction to a small bowl and whisk in the garlic, vinegar, oil, curry, and salt. Set aside.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the peel from top and bottom of the oranges.
- Set each on end and remove outer skin & pith.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick rings.
- Place onion and arugula in a medium salad bowl and top w/ oranges.
- Toss w/ vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Oh my goodness - this was fantastic! I loved the warm sweet and spicy curry dressing with the fresh orange and crisp red onion. I couldn't believe it when 13yo DS asked for 'more dressing.' I reduced the sesame oil to 1 teaspoon and the curry powder to 1/2 teaspoon since both of mine were 'hot.' I skipped the salt and topped with some crumbled feta cheese - would make again! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.