Recipe by Sue Lau
Recipe by Canadian chef Anna Olson. Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by dojemi
Excellent! The only change I made to the dressing was adding about one tablespoon of honey. Also, I chose to use mandarin oranges and Craisins (dried cranberries) instead of pineapple. Will definitely be making this again.
- 4 cups washed arugula
- 1 whole peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 ounces piave cheese or 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, adding olive oil slowly while you whisk, until it emulsifies.Add water to thin dressing if it seems thick.
- Peel and core pineapple, then slice extremely thin using a mandolin or food processor fitted with a slicing blade.
- Place arugula on plates, and top with thinly sliced pineapple and sliced red onion.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and shaved cheese.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with dressing.