1 hr 50 mins
This is my friend Lia's recipe, which she shared on her blog http://thislittlepiglet.blogspot.com/. It's a prize-winner, indeed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/2 lb) package sweet Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 1 (1/2 lb) package hot Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, divided
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, divided and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups romano cheese, grated and divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (whole milk or part-skim)
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked, drained (18)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded (whole milk or part skim)
- 1Brown sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add onion and 3 of the garlic gloves, minced; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, wine, ¼ cup of the parsley, red pepper, 1 teaspoon of the salt and ½ teaspoon of the black pepper. Simmer on medium heat 15 minutes. Stir in ½ cup of the romano cheese.
- 2Place remaining 3 cloves garlic and pine nuts in food processor container fitted with steel blade; cover. Process until finely chopped. Add arugula and basil; process until smooth. Slowly add in oil in thin stream until blended. Add lemon juice and ¾ cup of the romano cheese. Set aside.
- 3Mix ricotta cheese, eggs, remaining ½ cup parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir in arugula mixture; mix well.
- 4Spread ¾ cup of the tomato sauce on bottom of 2 greased 13x9-inch baking dishes. Top each with 3 lasagna noodles, 2/3 cup of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the tomato sauce and 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers 2 times. Top with remaining romano cheese.
- 5Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes 2 13x9-inch lasagnas with 8 to 10 servings each.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula Pesto and Sausage Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.2
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 2291.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 56.9 g