Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Peppery arugula is the star in this vegan version of pesto sauce. This one is made with sunflower seeds, instead of the traditional pine nuts and parmesan. This makes about five 1/4-cup serrvings
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 946.36 ml arugula, heavy stems removed
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and pepper
- Toast sunflower seeds in dry skillet 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to food processor.
- Add arugula, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.