Recipe by tonyp063
A different twist on pesto. Basil sometimes isn't what you want
Top Review by karen in tbay
I am on an arugula kick right now and had an outdoor container of parsley to clean up plus spinach is always on hand in the fridge. This pesto rocks .... the arugula adds that nice peppery bite...ooh la la!! Definite repeat for this household each harvest year
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh arugula
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first five ingredients together in food processor. add olive oil and parmesan and blend again.
- Store covered in refrigerator with a skim of olive oil covering the pesto to help preserve its freshness and color.
- Warm briefly in microwave (20 seconds) before using to bring out the flavor.