Recipe by carolinajen4
This is an elegant, yet simple salad. I tend to make it often since it's the only recipe I use hazelnut oil in. Taken from The Cook's Encyclopedia of Vegetarian Cooking.
Top Review by Bergy
What a taste treat this is! Everything just blends together to create a great taste sensation. I had Italian Parmesan and it wouldn't curl when I shaved it but the flavor Mmmm. I cut the salad back to one serving and used 1 tsp of Walnut oil. A definite will do again salad.
- 3 ripe pears, Bartlett
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil or 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 ounces arugula
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- blue cheese (optional)
- chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core the pears and slice thickly. Moisten with lemon juice to keep the flesh white.
- Combine the nut oil with the pears. Add the arugula leaves and toss.
- Turn the salad out onto four small plates with shaving of Parmesan cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve with bread.
- You can sub the parmesan cheese for bleu cheese and add walnuts, if desired.