1/3 Photos of Arugula, Pear and Parmesan Salad
This is an elegant, yet simple salad. I tend to make it often since it's the only recipe I use hazelnut oil in. Taken from The Cook's Encyclopedia of Vegetarian Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core the pears and slice thickly. Moisten with lemon juice to keep the flesh white.
- 2Combine the nut oil with the pears. Add the arugula leaves and toss.
- 3Turn the salad out onto four small plates with shaving of Parmesan cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve with bread.
- 4You can sub the parmesan cheese for bleu cheese and add walnuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula, Pear and Parmesan Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 334.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g