1/2 Photos of Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I think this makes a perfect holiday salad. I will be making it for Thanksgiving and will report back. Source: Food52. com / brigidc's. This is her description of the salad. Sweet, salty, tart, crunchy and spicy, this salad has perfect flavor and texture balance. The inspiration was pomegranate molasses, which I learned about when I worked on a Persian food class. I like how the molasses takes the acidic edge off the vinaigrette but it is still tangy and delicious. Be sure to try this no fuss, no muss recipe Seeding a Pomegranate - Step by Step I made my own pomegranate molasses: Pomegranate Syrup or Molasses It's easy and can be reduced to make a smaller amount. It can be stored up to 6 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Vinaigrette Dressing:.
- 2In a small bowl combine the shallot, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- 3Whisk in the olive oil and let vinaigrette stand at room temperature until salad is assembled.
- 5Combine the arugula, romaine, pears and half of the pomegranate seeds in a large bowl.
- 6Crumble half of the goat cheese over the ingredients in the bowl (this works best if the cheese is very cold).
- 7Whisk the vinaigrette until uniform and add all but 2 tablespoons of it to the bowl.
- 8Gently toss the salad with your hands or salad tongs, coating the ingredients well with the vinaigrette. If the salad seems dry, add the vinaigrette in small increments until it is dressed to your liking.
- 9Crumble the remaining cheese over the salad and sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds and the pistachios over the top. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: