- 1 cup walnut pieces (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons full-bodied red wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 cups packed arugula leaves (3/4 pound)
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, stems trimmed, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a pie plate, toast the walnuts for about 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine.
- Season with the salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, mushrooms and walnuts.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve on salad plates.