Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Food & Wine.
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ears white corn, with small kernels shucked
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, mix the Champagne vinegar with the minced shallots and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Let the shallots stand in the vinegar for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, using a sharp, thin knife and working over another bowl, cut the kernels from the ears of white corn.
- Whisk the olive oil into the Champagne vinegar and shallots until blended. Add the arugula and toss with the dressing.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the corn kernels and toss gently. Transfer the salad to a large platter, scatter the nasturtiums on top and serve.
I thought this was excellent. I did add some feta - a little goes a long way with this recipe - and I should have used kalamata olives instead of feta and kept it vegan. I will definitely make this again. I also think Braggs could be a substitute for the champagne vinegar. We ate this with a side of roast broccoli for a delish vegetarian meal tonight!
Simple and Delicous! Served with Broiled Steelhead Trout #109283.
Very good, enjoyed it a lot!