1/1 Photo of Arugula & Chicken With Pasta
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe was developed by PASTA PRESS and printed in their magazine. This is one favorite impromptu dish during the summer months when arugula is plentiful. As the arugula threads its way through the pasta, its peppery flavor compliments the sweetness of the pan-roasted garlic and fresh tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried plain linguine or 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 garlic cloves, chopped in large chunks
- 10 medium fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 quarts of tightly packed arugula leaves (about 4 bunches)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Grill or bake the chicken breasts until medium-rare.
- 2Slice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and reserve.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large stir-fry pan over high heat.
- 4Add garlic and stir-fry until golden but not burn't, about 1 minute.
- 5Immediately add tomatoes and chicken stock and heat to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Add arugula leaves and toss until they begin to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- 8Immediately toss in the chicken and cook for 30 seconds.
- 9Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of rapidly boiling, salted water until el dente.
- 10Drain well, and immediately add to the sauce.
- 11Toss thoroughly to entangle the arugula into the pasta strands.
- 12(Timing is critical. Make sure the pasta will be done immediately after adding the chicken to the sauce.) Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer until all ingredients are heated through.
- 13Serve immediately, sprinkling parmesan cheese over each serving.
- 14Arugula is a peppery leafy vegetable resembling spinach leaves with ragged edges.
- 15It is generally available during late spring and summer.
- 16If it is not available, substitute fresh spinach or a 50/50 blend of watercress leaves and spinach.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula & Chicken With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 348.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 47.3 g