Recipe by somethingtruelyme
I got the idea for this from something my boyfriend ordered at a restaurant. I've been tinkering with different recipes and this is the best so far.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was very yummy! I love a simple pasta dish that allows the flavors of oil, veggies, and salt to shine. I used whole wheat pasta, VERY generous pinches of pepper and coarse kosher salt, and served with extra parmesan at the table. I probably doubled the garlic, and I threw in a chopped roma tomato (it needed to be used up!) as the arugula wilted. Thanks so much for a real keeper; I love arugula and it is nice to have this as a new way to cook it.
- 8 ounces of diced chicken breasts
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 6 ounces arugula
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook angel hair pasta according to directions - do not drain!
- While water is warming up, start heating olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add pasta to water.
- Remove garlic from oil and chicken pieces.
- Add one pinch of salt and pepper to chicken and mix frequently to achieve even cooking.
- When chicken is done cooking, turn heat down to medium/low, add garlic and arugula and let the argugla wilt for 2 minutes - stir frequently.
- Add pasta using a slotted pasta spoon - allow the water dripping from the pasta to go into the pan with the pasta.
- Add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Add another tablespoon of pasta water to make the sauce thinner if needed.