Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Ellie Krieger's "The Food You Crave". The sweet onions, tangy goat cheese and peppery arugula make a fantastic combination. I serve with salad for a nice lunch or light supper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 4 cups baby arugula
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (or 2 of the larger ones)
- 2 ounces goat cheese (I like chevre)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to med. heat and add onions. Cook until they are soft and golden in color, about 12-15 minute.
- Add the arugula and cook until it is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and top with arugula mixture, crumble goat cheese over top and bake until tortillas are crisped and cheese is slightly melted, about 10-12 minute.
This is a great way to do a healthy pizza. I like how the tortilla gets crunchy. It is similar to Ellie's Healthy Mexican Tortilla Pizza. I think next time I would leave the arugula raw and toss it on at the end. The flavors are very nice together. You are right that this a light dinner (for two) with a salad. These would also work well as appetizers for a party if you cut them up.