Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Found this in a healthy eating magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split & toasted
- 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 slice turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. Spread marinara sauce evenly over English muffin halves. Top with arugula, tomato, and bacon. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I was able to make these in the hour I am allotted for my lunch hour during the week! So wonderful to have something I can put together and eat during my break. I did pre-cook the bacon, so I guess I cheated a bit! Just love arugula, so knew I'd love this. I may decrease the marinara next time....the thin side of the english muffins got a bit soggy. Really enjoyed this mini pizza!