Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great pasta dish.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedried capellini
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (plus sprigs for garnish)
- 2 cups baby arugula, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted (plus additional for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated (plus additional for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients, except oil, in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a stream and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl; salt and pepper to taste, for pesto.
- Transfer pasta to another bowl; toss with 1 cup pesto and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid until coated well, adding additional cooking liquid if too dry; salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top each with a dollop of remaining pesto.
- Garnish with basil sprigs, nuts and cheese, if desired.