A great pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried capellini
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (plus sprigs for garnish)
- 2 cups baby arugula, packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (plus additional for garnish)
- 1/2 cup fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated (plus additional for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- 2Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes.
- 3Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
- 4Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients, except oil, in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
- 5With motor running, add oil in a stream and process until well combined.
- 6Transfer to a bowl; salt and pepper to taste, for pesto.
- 7Transfer pasta to another bowl; toss with 1 cup pesto and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid until coated well, adding additional cooking liquid if too dry; salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer to serving bowls and top each with a dollop of remaining pesto.
- 9Garnish with basil sprigs, nuts and cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula-Basil Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g