1/2 Photos of Arugula and Walnut Pesto
The strong, meaty flavor of the walnuts balances out the astringency of the arugula, a good blend of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown 6 garlic cloves with their peels on in a skillet over medium high heat until the garlic is lightly browned in places, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan, cool, and remove the skins.
- 2Toast the nuts in a pan over medium heat until lightly brown, or heat in a microwave on high heat for a minute or two until you get that roasted flavor. In our microwave it takes 2 minutes.
- 3Combine the arugula, walnuts, roasted and raw garlic into a food processor. Pulse while drizzling the olive oil into the processor. Remove the mixture from the processor and put it into a bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 4Because the pesto is so dependent on the individual ingredients, and the strength of the ingredients depends on the season or variety, test it and add more of the ingredients to taste.
- 5Mix with freshly prepared pasta of your choice. You may need to add a little bit of water or more olive oil to mix the pesto more evenly with the pasta.
- 6Makes enough pesto sauce for an ample serving of pasta for four people.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arugula and Walnut Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.9
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g