Recipe by Dancer^
Our friend Gale made these the last time we were at her place for dinner. I was wonderful, I have made it twice myself and its perfection on the plate.
- 3 cups russet potatoes, peeled, quartered (about 5 large)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup packed chopped arugula leaf (about 2 large bunches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Stir over low heat until excess moisture evaporates.
- Add butter, mash potatoes until smooth.
- Bring milk to simmer is saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add goat cheese, whisk until melted.
- Add milk mixture to potatoes, whisk until smooth.
- Stir in arugula.
- Season with salt and pepper.