Recipe by JenPo
I've been in a chestnut mood, and this seems as good as anything I've found. I still haven't tried this yet. It's from Bon Apetit.
- 6 cups arugula
- 6 cups coarsely torn curly endive lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups steamed chestnuts, coarsely chopped (from two 7.25-ounce jars)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the arugula and endive, and refrigerate covered with a damp towel.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, saute the apples and shallots in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- After 5 minutes add the chestnuts and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping the pan to loosen the browned bits.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnut oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour chestnut mixture over arugula and toss.
- Serve warm.